Sunday, July 22, 2012

NYC Update - No.1

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


| my current apartment in Chelsea |


I've been in New York for about a month and a half now..CRAZY! how time has flown!
Literally got my visa on the first Tuesday of June and booked my flights to leave 5 days later on the Saturday.  I still can't believe that I uprooted myself,  packed up my life and moved half way across the world for a job..
There are doubts..and I miss my friends and family every single day..but I keep telling myself home will always be there.  And thanks to facebook and skype it's much easier to get in contact with everyone.

But on the upside, loving my job, I remind myself everyday of how lucky I am to be in this position.  I am learning SO much..and it's only been a month and a half!  I feel like this time I'm properly experiencing and enjoying New York..most likely because this time I'm getting paid!

On another note, (outside of the office), when I moved here I was lucky enough to stay at a friend's apartment in Brooklyn, Fort Greene.  Really great neighbourhood, had a community feel to it, with cute bars and cafes all around.
I then moved to a really cute apartment in Chelsea for this month.  Which I am in love with! I can walk to work, right next to the highline, close to Chelsea Market and Meatpacking district.  It's just so convenient and it's the PERFECT location.  My ideal neighbourhood.
But...it's only for a month..and slightly too expensive..so once again, I'm on craigslist (like an US gumtree)  refreshing the pages constantly trying to find a decent looking/priced place.
A friend from work has a room available in Williamsburg.  Only two stops into Brooklyn, cheap rent, big apartment. So I think I may be moving there.

It's kinda cool thinking every month I get to live in a new neighborhood but deep down I just want to be settled in an apartment instead of living out of my suitcases.

Will try and keep these updates coming every week or so..

Missing everyone from home times a million!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment