Monday, June 13, 2011

Anti Zara Melbourne

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

'GASP!'

Yup that's right, I am against Zara in Melbourne. How anti-fashion is THAT!
But before you pass out from your overwhelmed disgust, I do have my reasons:

Numero Uno
The Australian buyers for Zara will choose clothing suited for the Australian fashion market. Therefore the majority of the stylish and unique Zara clothes you find over in Europe, will most likely be staying in Europe as it's too 'fashion forward' and/or 'colourful' for our everyday Aussie fashionistas.

2. Seeing as there's a HUGE hype about Zara, anyone and everyone will be shopping there, and since prices will be relatively cheap, it will turn into a 'Sportsgirl' - meaning every second girl you see will be wearing what you bought.

3. The novelty of buying something from Zara has completely vanished. You will no longer feel special knowing you bought something from Zara whilst on your travels. No more bragging and saying 'Sorry, you can't buy it over here, it's from Zara.'

I'm not a total hater, I admit that my points may be slightly exaggerated. I've seen the June Lookbook and I'm loving the fur lined hooded parka and I'm sure there will be a couple of other amazing items, BUT one item in particular will be my beautiful Zara Black leather tote bag that I purchased earlier this year in New York...
you see?! it's already happening! My chic zara bag will now become tacky, because anyone and everyone in Melbourne will own it! (That sounds totally selfish of me, but do you get where I'm coming at?)


2 comments:

  1. Haha I agree with all your reasons, but I still am quite glad we've got Zara now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks for the support jaya!

    ReplyDelete