Thursday, June 16, 2011

Getting creative

So here's a question, why should I as a fashion graduate/fashion designer, buy a two piece coat that retails for about $1500, when I can easily make it myself. Makes sense, no?

To be fair I won't be taking credit for this design, BUT hear me out.
- I'm not 'copying' it for profits sake to sell to the public
- I have tweaked the design (based on my own style, and of course made it MUCH better)
- But in all honesty I'm just making it for myself to save money. COMPLETELY logical.

So here's a picture of the toile (fashion term for mock up/sample/first draft etc.)
It took me only a day to develop the pattern and have the fit perfect, which was surprising and made me realise just how much I've learnt and improved on my pattern making skills being in New York last year. Especially assisting Annica - The Row's head pattern maker - for a solid 5 months, full time.


Photobucket

1 comment: