Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Knitwear Inspiration

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

With all this time on my hands between working in retail and job hunting, I've been thinking about knitwear and the massive gap in the market over here.  I have not seen a wide range of nice, good quality, Australian designed knits...but then again maybe I'm not looking in the right places.  You see the cardigans and the thin skintight unflattering long sleeve basics, but no proper, good fitted, soft, comfortable sweaters.
I've been researching into knitting factories and I'm thinking about maybe doing a 5-10 piece knitwear range using Australian Merino Wool.  Its economical, has natural benefits such as comfort, easy care, has naturally high UV protection, and also I'd be supporting our farmers and the Aus economy.
Although I still need to suss out prices...I've heard it's quite pricey to produce a knit.  Maybe I can learn how to hand knit a sweater myself...it  can't be that hard right...?

No comments:

Post a Comment