Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Outfit Post #1

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Today I had the group interview. It was at the Myer head offices in Docklands for three Category Assistant Buyer positions. One of the requirements was to be dressed in 'business attire', so I instantly freaked out about what to wear as I wanted to dress to impress more than anything. After researching suit inspirations for hours on end I came up with two outfits (shown above).

It was either:
1. Play it safe - Yeojin Bae tailored black pants, Country Road blazer, Lisa Ho silk top (NEW and on sale for $99 WIN!)

OR

2. Be a little more fashion forward and pair the top and blazer with my favourite vintage Armani pants that I got from Amarcord Vintage Store in New York last year.

Accessories: Bag Zara | Watch Mimco | Necklace Vintage from Camberwell Market

Although the photo just doesn't seem to do those pants justice, instead it looks like I'm wearing a skirt..BUT in real life they're super chic, draped and pleated at the front, wide leg, tailored pants. LOVE.

So at first I thought the Armani pants were a bit too fashion forward for the 'Australian business fashion scene'..which is true. But in the end I thought screw it! I'd rather be myself and look super chic than boring.

All in all, I felt that the interview didn't go so great, I didn't speak up as much as I wanted to throughout the group tasks and at my table there were a couple confident personalities. Learning more about the job it seemed more sales/admin based, not really what I'm interested in and most of the other candidates were PR or Marketing graduates. We'll see how I go, I find out Tuesday. I'm still focused on getting a job in design though...

2 comments:

  1. I love the first outfit with the pants! Very chic! Best wishes on your job! xooxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Loving your blog and I'm extremely jealous you're in hawaii soaking up the sunshine whereas in Melbourne, the weather is terrible! xxx

    ReplyDelete